By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • About Us
  • Trending
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Football
  • Religious
  • Videos
The Roma News
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Security
  • Education
  • Contact
Reading: Gunman Killed After Opening Fire Near White House, Secret Service Says
The Roma NewsThe Roma News
Font ResizerAa
  • About Us
  • Trending
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Football
  • Religious
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Finance
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Security
  • Education
  • Contact
Follow US
© theromanews.| Powered by BugX Solutions
The Roma News > Blog > Security > Gunman Killed After Opening Fire Near White House, Secret Service Says
SecurityWorld News

Gunman Killed After Opening Fire Near White House, Secret Service Says

theromanews
Last updated: May 24, 2026 4:55 am
theromanews
2 Min Read
Share

 

A tense security scare unfolded near the White House on Saturday evening after Secret Service officers fatally shot an armed suspect who allegedly opened fire near a security checkpoint.

According to the Secret Service, the incident occurred shortly before 6 p.m. ET when a man approached a checkpoint outside the White House complex and began shooting at officers. Agents immediately returned fire, striking the suspect, who later died at a nearby hospital.

Authorities also confirmed that a bystander was critically injured during the exchange of gunfire. Investigators are still working to determine whether the individual was hit by bullets fired by the suspect or during the return fire from officers.

The suspect was identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best, according to law enforcement sources. Officials said Best had previous encounters with the Secret Service, including a 2025 incident in which he allegedly blocked an entry lane at the White House and claimed he was “God.” He was later detained and taken for psychiatric evaluation.

President Donald Trump, who was inside the White House residence at the time, was not harmed. A White House official confirmed that the president had been briefed on the incident.

The gunfire triggered an immediate lockdown across the White House complex, forcing journalists and staff members to shelter inside the briefing room for nearly 40 minutes as armed Secret Service agents secured the area.

CNN reporters at the scene said they heard what sounded like dozens of gunshots as agents armed with rifles rushed across the North Lawn. The lockdown was eventually lifted shortly after 6:45 p.m. ET.

The incident came just weeks after another security breach near the White House during the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, when an armed suspect allegedly exchanged gunfire with Secret Service agents.

Federal authorities, including the FBI, are continuing investigations into Saturday’s shooting.

 

Credit:CNN

TAGGED:President Donald TrumpSecret serviceUSWhite House
Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Supreme Court Ends Federal Control of Intra-State Waterways in Landmark Ruling
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Favour Weds Favour; Iam my beloved and my beloved is mine…F&F

By
theromanews

ICSAN Urges Members to Promote Health, Wellness and Professional Networking

By
theromanews

Pst Kumuyi Preaches Critical Importance of Reconciliation and Progress in Families and Society

By
theromanews
- Advertisement -

Join Now

Join our online community to get constant updates on all Breaking News and latest trends.
- Advertisement -

Delta Begins Disbursement of 2025 Scholarships for Children of Deceased Civil Servants, Students with Disabilities

6 days ago

Supreme Court Ends Federal Control of Intra-State Waterways in Landmark Ruling

33 minutes ago

You Might Also Like

PoliticsSecurity

Esewezie Warns Oshimili North Councillors Against Crisis, Pledges Peaceful Governance  

5 months ago
Security

Edo Govt Demolishes Properties Linked to Cultism in Uromi …15 Arrested With Illicit Drugs in Separate Raid

6 months ago
Security

Gunmen Storm Anambra Church, Kill Priest’s Wife, Touch Buildings

6 months ago
BusinessSecurity

Court Remands 52 Protesters After Anti-Kidnapping Demonstration in Ekpoma ,Edo

4 months ago
The Roma News

Top Categories

  • Trending
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Education
  • World News

Quicklinks

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Webmail
Facebook Whatsapp Envelope
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact Us

© theromanews.| Powered by BugX Solutions

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?